Friday 30 September 2016

Documentaries and News Reports - Audience Research



To get a better understanding of my audience and the reason why there needs to be a Black Lives Matter movement, I recorded a lot of documentaries and news reports on the situation.  These gave me a true understanding of how shocking everything is and showed me that I need to convey a great deal of emotion in my music video to truly capture the devastating effects of it.




Above is the trailer for 'Hip Hop World News'  I have watched the full documentary which has helped me to understand my target audience more and also to understand where this hate for the police has come from in the black community and how music has helped so much as an outlet of this anger.


The documentary included various songs about police brutality such as Sound of da Police by KRS-ONE and F*ck The Police by N.W.A





The documentary also showed the moments before Eric Garner died from asphyxiation and the moments after Philando Castile was shot.  Although these videos are incredibly distressing, it's imperative that people get an insight into what racism can result in and why it must stop.








 Videos from a Black Lives Matter Rally have helped me to understand my audience better and see their responses to the matter.  This will help me to give a sense of simulacra of the rally in my music video


No comments:

Post a Comment