Monday 12 September 2016

Transition Music Video Project



Transition Music Video 



During transition at college we created a music video.  This helped us to understand the three basic video structures (Lynch 1984): Performance, Narrative and Concept in which we chose performance.  This task also helped us to get to grips with the equipment and software, to develop our time management and teamwork skills and it also gave us an insight into the things we'd need to consider for our final music video and helped us to learn from our mistakes.

Aspects that I will carry forward and use in the final music video:

  • As someone who is quite shy, this task brought my confidence up in front of the camera which will help when i'm directing others in my music video as i'll be able to show instead of  tell them what I want doing
  • This task also helped me to learn the software which I picked up quite quickly after practising with it at home.  I learnt how to overlay clips and how to change the transparency of each layer 
Aspects that I have learnt from and have adapted for the final music video:
  • Time management was a major issue for us.  There were four of us in the group, and due to illness and other factors, some people were absent on the days of filming so instead of having plenty of time to film, watch, and then re-film any parts that weren't up to scratch, we had to film it all in one sitting which meant lots of different takes and last minute organisation to ensure we actually had a finished article.  This also meant we had less time to edit in lesson time which means I needed to put in lots of extra time at home to get it completed.
    All things considered i'm proud of what we achieved, but this task highlighted how important time management and organisation is, and also how much a director relies on the people involved in the making of their video and that I need to carefully consider who I involve, making sure I can rely on them to turn up on time and follow my directions

No comments:

Post a Comment