Wednesday 28 September 2016

Audience Research

In order to make a great music video I need to fully understand the people I'm targetting to be able to create a music video they'd enjoy watching.  As I myself am in the target audience I'm able to understand the general thing I'd like to see, but I can't make it perfectly suited to me, it needs to suit a wide range of people.
Instead of doing a generic questionnaire where I could get answers from people who weren't interested in Contemporary R&B Music, I wanted to talk to the specific range of people i'm targeting my music video at to understand why they watch music videos and what appeals to them so that I can get a real understanding of my target audience and what they'd like to see in my music video.

Faith is in my target audience because she is an 18 year old black woman who listens to music regularly and enjoys watching music videos.  She has experienced some racism and would enjoy watching a relatable music video with positive representation of black culture.
Below is our conversation












Below are some people I've contacted through social media who are clearly big advocates of the Black Lives Matter movement to ask what they'd like to see in my music video, why they watch music videos and if they like my initial idea.  I'll also be asking for their feedback on my music video drafts at a later date












No comments:

Post a Comment